Monday, August 20, 2012

Latest From Leo- 8/20

Good Morning Buc-a-ruz!

What a game!  That was a fantastic team effort.  I believe it was Charlie who said the top of the lineup need to do something because the bottom is not.  As one of the middle lineup guys (I didn't do anything) let me say way to go bottom!  You guys got on when it counted the most and the top came along and push the runs across to send us to victory.  That is a team effort.

Congratulations to Jose (5-0) for going the whole way and that is two victories he has against the Dodgers.  I am still pinching myself and have lots of black and blue marks, thinking I was dreaming, Juan threw three guys out (thanks to Brent, Bill and Dustin  for put the tags on) and they were all at critical points in the game.  Team effort!

Biggest hit of the season!  Goes to Bill "Woody" Keeling for the laser shot (that's what it says in book) down the right field line foe a stand up double and 2 RBI's due to the agile running of David Stierle (who was still arguing the ball never hit me) and nephew Chris "the kid" Gregory!  Team effort.

Boys, Tuesday night we play at 7:00 pm (not 7:30) at Memorial against the Jets.  Pretty sure we will see Troy.  Bobby Blair will take the hill for the start.  I know David Porta and Brian Hooper are done for the season.  I haven't heard how Scotty is doing? I know Dustin is not available Tuesday.  Any other bodies not able to make game please let me know.

Guys as a reminder - We play tomorrow night (Jets), we play a double header on Sunday (Dodgers & Thunder) and we are going to play the Red Sox again!  On Tuesday August 28th, 7:00pm at Memorial, we'll play the Red Sox for the 2nd place championship game.  This will be are opportunity to avenge our lose to those cheatin' bastards!  We will need another team effort!

The Orioles game is no longer a suspended game but officially considered a loss.  11 - 6 and four more game to go.  Lets put together a winning streak to close out the season.  Keep in mind we still need a team picture.  I would like to have everyone aim for the 28th to be there, in uniform (those injured in tops, at least) and then we can make it official.  Too, plans are forming for an end of season get together, more details coming.

Good job guys and see you tomorrow night!

Leo 

No comments:

Post a Comment