Monday, August 27, 2012

Latest From Leo- 8-27

Whew!  Boys, I don't know about you, but I'm flat tuckered out!  Memo to file - NEVER PLAY DOUBLE HEADERS AGAIN!!!!

Tomorrow Tuesday August 28th is are final game for the 2012 season.  As you know, we are playing the Red Sox at 7:00 pm at Memorial Park.  Rain is in the forecast!  So we'll see what Mother Nature throws at us.

In the last note I mentioned the possibility of wearing white uniforms.  We will not, I repeat will not wear whites.  We'll stick with the Gold and gray uniforms that got us this far this season.

Too, I would ask everyone to be there Tuesday - this will be the last chance we can take a team picture.  If you don't make it we will either photoshop you or you won't be in it!

Fall Ball - Anyone interested in fall ball?  I am not planning on a "Pirates" team unless their is a majority of interest.  Not sure of details but will find out and follow up tomorrow night or in email.

All Star Weekend - Oct. 13th & 14th

There is a Father & Son game, Home Run and hitting skills on the Saturday Oct. 13th.
The All Star game is on Sunday Oct. 14th and will pit the All Stars from the Bluegrass division against the Fluer De Lis division.
I've been allowed three selections from our squad.  This is always tough and I want to be able to select more than three!  So with that I've chosen Jose Cubero, Scotty Irish and David Stierle to represent the Pirates in the All Star game.

Ok guys, we're beat up, aching, hurting and generally not feeling great!  Let's get ready to take it to the Red Sox!  At the end of the day when all is said and done - we still get to play baseball!  See tomorrow.

Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment