Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Latest From Leo- 7/11

The winning streak continues - 5 in a row!

Guys, great game last night!  The score was 9-2 not 8-6 as reported by the Orioles to hotline and website.  That is the Orioles first loss in 26 games, going back to last season (Colonels).  I can't remember how long its been since the Pirates have beaten them - at least 2 or 3 years.  So great job to all.  Let's keep it going.

Great job John getting us deep into game, Jose for getting us out of inning and Brent for closing the door!  David Stierle (game ball) for playing right field for them and his timely hitting and "lost in lights" play. Wink, wink.  Just kidding!

We play the Dodgers on Sunday July 15th at 1:00 pm at Memorial Park.  Jose will have the hill.  I know for sure that David Porta (out of country), Brain Hooper (softball and baseball tourney - good luck), Scott Irish (vacation - drink one for me), Jackson Nave (jamming to smooth sounds or hung over) and Juan Ortiz (a big maybe due to rounds) will not be available on Sunday.  So out of 15 that makes us 10!

Please let me know if you can't make because I will have to contact other players from other teams to see if they can fill in.  Also, I remind you that the highways to Indiana are going to be messed up.  So be sure to give yourself some extra time to make it to the field.  My best recommendation is to come across the 2nd street bridge.  I-65 Northbound is going to be in process of resurfaced from Watterson (I-264) to Chestnut (I-65 curve).  I would avoid the highways at all cost!

For those coming from the south I assume they will take traffic and route towards Sherman Minton (I-264 west).  I'd get off at Fern Valley go (east) over to Preston Hwy turn left, follow all the way to Eastern Pkwy, turn left go thru the U of L campus turn right on 3rd street which turns into 2nd and come over bridge.

From the east, I'd get off I-71 and take river road or some other surface street that gets you to main and attack 2nd from that way.  Issue here and for others is Forecastle music festival is going on down on river so you are going to have traffic issues everywhere.  Again, leave earlier than normal and get there in plenty of time.

Leo    

No comments:

Post a Comment